MOBILE APP TESTING COMPANY IN CHENNAI | MOBILE APP TESTING COMPANY IN INDIA
The Different Aspects of Mobile App Testing
You have finally managed to create an app for your needs. However before you get it published in the appropriate application market, you should get it tested. A mobile app testing company can check your app for errors and ensure that there are no bugs in it. An untested app may have unforeseen problems.
Users who download the app may find problems and bugs within it. Since they are having a bad experience with the app, they will not rate your app highly. A negative image of your app can build up and affect downloads.
What Is Mobile App Testing?
Mobile app testing is a procedure. Through this process, you app will be tested to check its usability, functionality and consistency. Mobile app testing can be conducted via automated means. Manual testing is another possibility.
Mobile apps need to be tested because there are innumerable apps in the market. Unless your app is perfect you will never be able to attain a large number of downloads and good reviews. If you do not test your app, you may find that the app has become an abject failure and lost among the crowd of poor applications in the market.
Difficulties in Testing Mobile Apps
Application testing is not as easy as it seems. A mobile app testing company faces quite a few problems when performing testing procedures.
The Diversity in Mobile Devices
There are innumerable mobile phone devices in the world nowadays. These devices will have different sizes for their screens and different input modes. The hardware capabilities of the mobile devices vary as well. This diversity makes it difficult for testers to test the application for all devices.
The Array of Operating Systems and Platforms
Currently the two major platforms of mobile devices in the world are the Android OS which is built by Google and the iOS which is built by Apple. However, these are not the only platforms. There are others such as Windows OS, Blackberry OS, and Symbian amongst others. Each of these platforms will have different capabilities and limitations. If you have created an application for different platforms, the testers will have to deal with the variations which can be quite difficult.
The Variety Of Operators For Mobile Networks
The number of mobile network operators in the world is quite big. Each of these operators uses different networks for providing services such as CDMA and GSM. The information transmission capabilities of each network vary which can affect the performance of the app.
Difference in Scripting
A test script needs to be executed during the testing process. Unfortunately, a single script cannot be used for all testing purposes as there are different mobile devices. A mobile app testing company will have to recreate the test script for different devices as those devices have variations in input methods, key and button layouts, menu hierarchies and display qualities.
The Types of Mobile App Testing
There are quite a few kinds of testing procedures that are performed to check the integrity of the app. Some testing procedures will be conducted for all apps while others are reserved for certain app categories only.
- Functional Testing – The various functions of the app are tested to ensure that the app is working in the correct manner.
- Lab Testing – This kind of testing is generally done by network carriers. An app may face problems when connecting to the networks which are identified and corrected in lab testing.
- Performance Testing – The various functions of the apps are tested to check its performance and behavior in certain conditions such as low space in the mobile device and low battery amongst others
- Testing for Memory Leakage – Memory leakage will occur if the app is unable to correctly manage the memory that has been allocated to it. It can result in a poor performance of the app and may reduce the overall performance of the device as well.
- Testing for Interruptions – Any app is bound to suffer from interruptions in a mobile device. This can include incoming calls, incoming messages, notifications and network loss and so on. This testing ensures that the app functions properly in these conditions.
- Testing for Usability – The app needs to be usable or it will be uninstalled.
- Certification Testing – An app needs to be certified to ensure authenticity.
- Installation Testing – This test ensures that the app faces no problem during the installation and uninstallation process.